I. Personal Identity
Nama : Jaka E. Cahyono
Tempat/Date of Birth : Klaten/July 22nd 1965
Marital Status : Married, two children
Contact Address: Jl Sawahlunto 81 Manggarai – Jakarta Selatan 12970
Contact Number: 0815 1307 1113
Email address : email@example.com
Latest Education : S-1 degree holder in International Relations from the Faculty of Social and Politics of Gadjah Mada University (Graduated on May 1991).
II. Work Experience
January 2011 – Now : Columnist for Jurnal Nasional daily newspaper and
2007- January 2010 : Managing Editor at Stabilitas, a risk mananagement
magazine published by Yayasan Pengembangan Perbankan Indonesia
2005-2007 : Editor at businees and investment magazine INVESTOR
2003-2005 : Business and Economy Editor at MERDEKA daily newspaper
1999 – 2003 : Self-employment, writing and translating Books (From
Indonesian to English and vice versa)
1998 – 1999 : Jakarta-based correspondent for The EDGE, a weekly
English business magazine published in Malaysia.
1996 – 1998 : Financial Editor at SWA Sembada business Magazine.
1995 – 1996 : Part-time writer for SINAR News Magazine.
1994 – 1995 : Jakarta-based Market Reporter with DOW JONES Asian
1991 – 1994 : Editorial staff with ECONOMIC & BUSINESS REVIEW
INDONESIA, the country’s first English weekly news magazine.
1990 : Yogyakarta-based Correspondent for WAWASAN daily
1989 : Correspondent for RONA monthly magazine published in
1998 : Voluntary Trainer with Zero Population Growth Youth
Movement, an NGO dealing with birth -control.
1985 – 1988 : Reporter with student magazine BALAIRUNG
Achievement in Journalism: Top Three Performer among Dow Jones’ market reporter in Asia-Pacific (1995)
Books written :
1. Bangun Jatuhnya Reksa Dana: Opini Kedua Bagi Pemodal (Elex Media, 2010)
2. Langkah Taktis Metodis berinvestasi di Obligasi (Elex Media, 2005)
3. Rumahku Istanaku: Panduan Membeli Rumah Untuk Hunian (Elex Media, 2003)
4. Investing in JSX Now? No I’m Not That Fool, (Elex Media, 2003)
5. Kebebabsan Finansial (Pustaka Kancil Utama, 2002)
6. 22 Strategi Meraih Untung Dari Bursa Saham (Elex Media, 2001)
7. Cara Jitu Meraih Untung dari Reksa Dana (Elex Media, June 2000)
7. Menjadi Manajer Investasi Bagi Diri Sendiri (PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 1999).
- Rising to the Challenge (A Biograpgy of The Founder of Nissin Food of Japan)
- Me Too Is Not My Style (The biography of Founder of Taiwan’s Acer Inc.)
- Eleven Immutable Law of Internet Branding (By Al & Laura Ries)
- Experiential Marketing (By Brendt H. Schmitt)
- Principles of Marketing (By Philip Kotler and Gary Armstrong)
(Articles in many newspapers and magazines, mostly on personal finance)
2004 – 2005 : Training on wealth management by Certified wealth manager association with professional degree of associate wealth manager (AWM)
June 1997: Three-week training on fund management.
April 1995: A-week in-house training on English news editing in Singapore.
1992-1994: Various short courses on financial analysis, capital market and finance.
July 1991: Three-week training on foreign exchange transaction in Jakarta
May-July 1988 : A Three-month training on journalism in Yogyakarta under the sponsorship of the Asia Foundations.
August 1987 : A Three-day training on student journalism in Yogyakarta
February 1987: A Three-Day training on fiction writing in Yogyakarta
May 1986 : A Two-day training on basics of journalism in Yogyakarta